Monday, August 20, 2012

Oh, the Ironman...

After many months of training, I did indeed drop out of my Ironman competition. There were many reasons why, (but one main one) and I am still processing all of it.  I wasn't physically injured, though at the time I almost wished I was, so I could save a little face. The truth is, I really don't have anything to be ashamed of.

Am I sad? Do I have regrets? Well those are loaded questions, my friends. BUT, it is what it is. The Ironman isn't going anywhere. If in the future, and the timing is right for my family and myself, maybe I will, as NIKE puts it, JUST DO IT! 


We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our experience can benefit others.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad I know you better now or id have been driven mad with curiosity as to your reasons why.

    As it is I'm glad you've got back to your blog and I hope that when things are sorted and more settled we will hear more about your future goals or just good times on the bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep posting your adventures as life permits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's always next time,I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete