Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Deepest Fear...

I keep finding myself day-dreaming about the Lake Stevens Half Ironman in July... Is this really what I want? Am I going to become another one of those triathletes?? lol First running, then cycling, then I decide I have to be a rock climber too ("just for my off-season"), and now what's the logical step CG? Of course! Pick up another sport and likely expensive hobby, and sign up for not just any triathlon, but a flippin' major triathlon! Go big or go home, eh? I haven't swam competitively for over 20 years! (Um...that made me sound old...)

Here's the thing... I'm starting to taste it. I am starting to taste it like I tasted the half marathon before I conquered it, and the STP and RSVP, and well, pretty much any other big goal I've made. Ever since I rode the Kona Ironman bike route, this shit has been on my mind, and there have been two burning questions:

1. Will I fail?
2.What if I succeed??

I would like to share something that is very special to me for several personal reasons. I encourage you to read it several times over...even daily. :)

Our Deepest Fear ~ By Maryanne Williamson
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear in that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the World.
There is nothing enlightening about shrinking
so that other people won’t feel unsure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
As we let our own Light shine,
we consciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

No comments:

Post a Comment