Saturday, February 11, 2012

Another Hitch in My Get-Along

It seems that I have managed to catch another cold... Although Thursday's pool workout and 45 minute bike ride went fine, I could tell that I was still stuffy when I woke up that morning.  I did a lot of sneezing throughout the day, too.  By afternoon when I had my massage, I was really stuffed up, but I was still trying to convince myself that it was allergies-related.  When I woke up Friday morning, I felt like I had been hit by a truck.  My head was stuffed up and felt like I was in an airplane.  The sinus pressure and right ear pressure was actually quite painful.  My nose was dripping quite voluntarily, and I believe I may have sneezed over a million times over the course of the day.  By the time I left the clinic, I was a wreck.  My doc did look in my ears and listened to my chest though..  My right ear has some fluid in it and pressure, but isn't infected, and my lungs were clear.  That's reassuring. :)  I was very glad that Friday was my planned rest day.

Today I attempted to go on a 2 1/2 hour bike ride.  I made it just over a mile before I realized I just wasn't strong enough to go on, and I turned around.  At that point, I made it another 2-3 blocks before I asked 1.0 to ride to the car so he could come back and pick me up.  Wow...  :(

I am really surprised that I am sick again...  I am usually so healthy!  I hardly ever get sick, so for me to get sick twice like this...  It is discouraging, but it is what it is I suppose.  On the bright side, it gives the inflammation in my knees some time to settle down.  Oh, and I bought a humidifier!  I really like it. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment