Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Water...

Yesterday's swim (2700 yards in the pool), and 40 minute run left me utterly tanked at work.  It was a good thing I was just on phones in triage, because I didn't have the energy to move.  I am pretty sure it was dehydration.  Monday night, I got a wild hair to ride the trainer for a couple hours while I watched 'Lost' on Netflix.  Jeez that show is nuts.  Anyway, I sweat like mad spinning in the house.  I drank some water, but I'm sure that I sweat in my sleep overnight too.  All a set up for a dehydration crash the next day.  I hydrated like mad during my shift, and perked up just about the time I went home. Heh.

I'm in week 12, by the way... I am also freaking out a little...

8 comments:

  1. yeah... you're doing awesome. Rad, actually... if I do say so myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Know the feeling I've only got two solid weeks training left......I feel giddy thinking about it.

    Two hours on the turbo.....I'm impressed. Rad indeed.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys. I'm a bit worn thin is all, and it's getting in my head I think. Vacation in 2 months will do me some good!

      What kind of race are you in, in 2 week?? How exciting! I'm sure you'll be brilliant! Send me a link, so I can check it out...

      Delete
    2. Well its in four weeks but, I'll taper for two weeks to make sure i'm well rested. I'm going to be racing in the UK and European 24hr solo MTB championships. It'll be my first attempt at going solo. Here's the link http://www.sip-events.co.uk/solo-home.html

      And thanks.......however, 'brillant' maybe too generous. I'll be happy just to do it and live to tell the tale! In my eyes the Ironman will be harder so oodles of respect to you for doing it!

      Delete
    3. Oh wow! I checked out your race and that is incredible! I watched the video...What a cool event!!! Man..I have like a million questions now. lol

      Delete
    4. I still have a million questions!! This is despite endless web pages searches and research into how to go about it. My head hurts!

      I'm going to compile a big 'how to' 24hr blog when I've done to help those with lots of questions, but ask away if you want to know anything!

      Delete
  3. What they don't tell you on the video or on the sight is how much climbing is involved. 550m or 1800ft in one lap. The guy who won it last yeah climbed above and beyond the equivalent of Mt Everest! Ow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's insane! How many laps do you figure you'll do?

      How are those last weeks going? I have been thinking about you. :) I am very excited for your big event!

      CG

      Delete