A MESSAGE FROM THE RACE DIRECTOR
On behalf of the IRONMAN 70.3 Lake Stevens team, I would like to extend a warm welcome to all of our participants, as well as their families and friends. We thank you for making this event a stop on your race calendar!
With the incredible support from the local communities and businesses, we are excited to provide you with an incredible race experience. The 2012 course features a 1.2-mile swim in the crystal clear and calm waters of Lake Stevens. The new one-loop, 56-mile bike course takes athletes past old growth forests, tree farms, and many lakes. The two-loop, 13.1-mile run along the north shore of Lake Stevens, allows friends and family many opportunities to cheer you towards the finish.
I would like to thank the cities of Lake Stevens, Granite Falls and Snohomish County for all of their support in making this first-class venue available to the athletes. Due to our wonderful volunteers, you will have a better understanding of northwestern hospitality come race day!
I hope you enjoy your time in Lake Stevens and I look forward to seeing you reach your goals at the finish line!
Best of Luck,
Race Director, IRONMAN 70.3 Lake Stevens
What you need to know...
• Plan to watch the 20-minute athlete video before picking up your race packet.
• The swim will be an in-water, wave start. Swim waves will be based on age groups.
• Be prepared for the rolling hills on the bike course, as there are very few flat sections.
• Train with the same equipment and nutritional plan you use during the race.
• Bring friends and family to watch the entire race unfold from North Cove Park.
The email also included a link to each of the course maps. Here they are!