Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Without being able to complete last Thursday's workout, and then skipping Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday's workouts... I have had quite the exercise vacation!  I am so glad that I am finally feeling better!

I am on day 3 of my Z-pack, and although I am much improved, I have been warned that I will need time to get back to where I was physically.  My cold did move into my chest, so with my asthma, I will need to take it easy on myself, and definitely use my albuterol. 

I did a 30 minute ride on the trainer this evening and premedicated with albuterol, which was really helpful.  I took it easy and didn't seem to have any trouble.  My workout called for a run to follow the ride, but I decided to leave it out.  Why overdo it and set myself back?  Tomorrow morning I plan to go to the pool for a nice swim.  I am thinking I should cut my workout in half and just do that...  I think I have a bike ride also tomorrow, but since I did a ride tonight and I skipped the run, maybe I will do the run tomorrow, but cut the time in half also.  Or I could do the full time, but run/walk it.  I think I might just see how I feel when I get there. :)

I have to admit that I am feeling nervous about my break in routine.  I am a routine girl.  I live and breathe by it.  Without a routine... I flounder.  Sometimes I can lose my motivation, and sometimes it is hard to get it back.  I need to promise myself that this won't happen while I am getting back into my grove...  I need to keep my eye on the prize.

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, it's still early in the game and there is still plenty of time to get on track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan. Same to you with that pesky shoulder. How is that healing? Did you see Ortho yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately No, Sorensen didn't have any appointments till end of January. It's ok though, this month is a busy one for me anyway, and slipping away from work for an appointment would be near impossible. Still seeing the PT in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gonna do great! I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete