Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Let's Play Catch-Up! Jan 5 - Jan 10

Between recovering from this dumb cold, and totaling my bike, I have been downright lucky to get in good workouts lately!  I think I'm on the upswing though... *crossing fingers*

Thursday Jan 5th, I did go to the pool, but I did a modified and slightly shortened workout.  I believe that I spent 45 minutes in the pool.  I did a lot of coughing and snotting.  It was gross.  I sat in the hot tub afterward, and skipped the run.  Instead, I did 30 minutes on the bike trainer that night.  That felt nice.

Friday Jan 6th, I went to the Y and ran for 45 minutes, and it felt very good.  I kept a slow and easy pace, though.  My lungs were still not 100%.

Saturday Jan 7th, I rode my bike on the Burke Gilman for about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.  I'm not totally sure, because I forgot my Garmin.  Ugh!  It was a nice ride, but I was freezing!...I forgot my booties. :/

Sunday Jan 8th, I totally blew off because I was depressed about destroying my bike like an idiot.

Monday Jan 9th, I rock climbed for about an hour +.  I decided to switch Monday's workout this week to Wednesday, so I'll do my bike/run QC then.

I bring a copy of my pool workout with me and leave it at the end of my lane.
Tonight, Jan 10th, Spencer and I hit the Y.  I planned to do swim workout #34, followed by a 30 minute run.  Unfortunately, before I finished my full swim I realized that I was running a bit behind schedule.  I had told Spencer to meet me in the lobby at 8:45pm and I really didn't want to be late.  It wasn't that I was swimming too slow, because I think that I was doing pretty well, it was that I just got started just a tad later than I had projected.  Oh well.  I only shorted myself 400 yards.  In hindsight, I probably should have just taken the few minutes to finish... lol  After my swim, I dashed upstairs for a nice 30 minute run.  The run went pretty well.  I remembered to eat some GU (actually I think it was the one that Powerbar makes) beforehand, so I had a much better energy level this time.  Yay!

So you may be wondering WTF, or if you are less crude, WTH am I going to do without a bike??  Good question!  The good news is that my home owner's insurance covers my bike up to $4000.  The bad news is that no matter if I get my old bike repaired or if I get an entirely new bike, I won't be getting it for several weeks.  LAME.  I have opened a claim and spoken with the claim manager of my case.  He asked that I have the bike shop write up an estimate of what it will cost to repair/replace my bike, and have this faxed to him, (which has already been done now.)  At this point, he will review it and decide how much to give me, I suppose, and then he will send out a check made out to both me and the bike shop. 

One frustrating issue is that the bike shop will not start ordering parts until money is put down...half down, to be exact.  I am not fond of the idea of causing any unnecessary delays.  I tried calling the claims guy today after I got off work, but apparently he got off at 4pm also.  Damn.  I am going to try to reach him tomorrow morning.  I guess I just want to make sure he received the quote and get an idea of where he is at with it.  I also want to see if I could get the ball rolling by getting the parts ordered by putting the deposit on my credit card.  I hate waiting.  Poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment