Saturday, January 21, 2012


I've got one word for this week's training: Snowpocalypse!

Ok, I'm kidding.  I still don't buy into the hype. 

The snow really started coming down on Tuesday while I was doing my workout at the Y.  On Wednesday, it was bad enough that I could no longer drive the roller skate.  I got a ride to and from work from Betsy, which was very sweet of her.  We got out of clinic early because of so many cancellations, so I decided that I was going to get in a run, I was going to have to be quick about it.  As soon as I got home, I threw on my running shoes, running gaiters, and Yaktrax, and headed out the door.  It was supposed to be a Bike/Run QC, but I couldn't be picky, because the daylight was fading fast.  I managed to get in 18 minutes before it was dark.  The gaiters and Yaktrax worked great.  my feet were warm and dry, and I was quite steady in the ice and snow.  Later in the evening, I did 45 minutes on the trainer.

On Thursday however, things did not work out so well.  I felt very unmotivated in the morning to brave the cold, but by the afternoon, it turned out that the Y closed, due to inclement weather.  Ugh.  I should have jumped on the trainer, but...I didn't  Bad girl!

On Friday, thanks to PZ, I finally got my skewer back (not to mention the rest of my poor old bike.)  I was very excited to put her on the trainer and ride her for the first time.  I spent 45 minutes riding, but that was about all I could tolerate.  My right knee was bothering me in particular.  She really needs to be fitted, and the seat is a touch too high.  I'm also not digging the handlebars.  I'm thinking that I might need them switched out after all.  Oh, and she needs to be tuned really badly because she is not shifting smoothly at all, (which is normal in the beginning.)

Today I supposed to be a long ride, but in light of my bike situation, (and because the snow finally has melted) I thought a pool workout would be fun.  I headed to the pool, only to find that a kid had just barfed in it, and they needed to clean/close it for an hour.  Ugh.  I had brought the boys with me and they wanted to go home, so I took them.  When I got back I was informed that the pool would be reopened in 30 minutes.  I decided to run on the treadmill while I waited.  I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then headed back down to the pool.  It still wasn't open, so I sat down and started talking to a lady and her daughter who were also waiting to do laps.  After about 20 minutes, we asked the lifeguard for an update, and he said they screwed up the pH somehow and it would be at least another hour... OMG...  I went home.

Here's a fun little video that made me chuckle.  Snowpocalypse!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment