Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Cool to Drool...?

Week 6 of training has started, and I am so tired, I am practically drooling on myself.  Oh dear...

This morning's workout was brutal!  I went to the Y and did workout #33 in the pool (1 hour), followed by an hour run on the treadmill.  To say I was tired and hungry after, would be a major understatement! lol  Last night, I bouldered for an hour, so as of now, my arms and shoulders are good and dead. lol  I think I am going to sleep well tonight.

Last night I had some preliminary fit adjustments made to my new bike, (who by the way still does not have a name!)  1.0 looked at my numbers from the fit he did for me back in August with The Girl, and we made some changes on my new bike.  Unfortunately, we found that my knee isn't lining up with the pedal spindle, and he is thinking that my seat is too for back.  Essentially, I may need a zero offset seat post.

I called Bothell Ski and Bike, because I decided that I wanted Donnie to do my re-fit.  He has years of experience, and I truly think he is the best in the business.  I was hoping that they would do it for free, (because it is still within a year of my last fit and all of the measurements are still good) but no such luck.  I was also hoping that they would do an exchange on my seat post, or at least maybe give me a deal on a seat post if I gave them mine, but they wouldn't go for it.  John is usually pretty good about working deals with me, but I guess this wasn't my day for "let's make a deal."  He did explain that my seat post is pretty useless to him since they come standard on most bikes, so people then want to do exactly what I am wanting to do, and then he is stuck with a bunch of seat posts that he cant move.  I totally get that.  He does have a business to run after all.  I don't know, maybe John is mad at me because I went somewhere else to get my bike... Most likely it isn't personal.  I'm sure he lost a lot of business that he would have normally gotten had Cervelo not had this Share the Ride deal going on.  That had to suck.  I'm going to talk to him when I see him next...let him know that I'm still loyal. :)

Even if it all makes sense, I still have the right to be crabby about having to spend the money! (PZ-you big bitch.)

Oh...what's that I hear??  It's the sound of money being sucked into the enormous vacuum of my expensive hobbies! *sigh*

Fit: $175
Zero offset seat post: $150




6 comments:

  1. arms? what are those? mine feel like just flaps of meat hanging off my shoulders.... :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that you should be allowed to complain! You only swam 750 yards and I went 2500! Ok ok... I guess I'll give you a little credit since this was only your second time in the pool. Hehehe Thanks for entertaining me today. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How long did the fitting take? Even at full retail that must be a schwanky seatpost!

      Delete
    2. I haven't had it yet. It's scheduled for this weekend. I had thought since I still had the numbers and measurements from my last fitting that it would be quick and therefore cheap/free, but they want to start from scratch. That said, a good properly done fitting should take at least 1-2 hours. Donnie is a master. He has been doing this since I was riding a bike with a banana seat. (That could be an exaggeration. lol) And yeah... the seat post probably is schwanky...lol I like carbon and I hate adding extra weight. That usually comes at a cost. *sigh* It was just a quote over the phone..I haven't researched yet. That is something I always do!

      Delete