Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lady in Red


The BB needed to be chased, and unfortunately this wasn't something that either 1.0 or I had access to outside of going into a shop and paying to have it done.  He ended up taking it over to Sammamish Valley Cycle to get the work done, and walked out with a new job!  I have never been to that shop, but now I intend to go!! lol  While he was there, he also picked up a couple other things I needed; a new seat collar, and down-tube cable-stops.
Down-tube cable-stops.
Seat collar
After that, it was time for me to get my hands dirty!
By bed time, the bike was ready for a test ride!  She rode great!  I still needed to get the fenders put on, but I didn't have them at my house, so that had to wait for Saturday.  Sadly, they didn't fit...but 1.0 is a stud and knows how to cut and bridge them so they will work.  I am excited to get them on, but if it doesn't happen right away, that's ok.  I am really pleased with how the bike turned out!  I had fun building her.

Thanks 1.0 for being an awesome teacher!
This was rather tedious.












Cleaning and reassembling the cassette with sock hands.




















Putting the chain back on.
I thought that red beer bottle caps would make for cool bar end plugs.
Here we are!  Caprica and Cervelo Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment