Saturday, February 18, 2012

Monkey-Butt & Stinky-Cheese

M-B is as big as me now!
By the time I got home from work last night, all I really wanted to do was spend time with my kids and not move.  So that's what I did.  There's a reason I had traded Fridays to be my rest day instead of Monday, and it's just that I am pooped out at the end of the work week!  I want to be with my family!  I had a feeling on Monday when I switched them back that I would regret it. 

As I was driving home and the rain was pounding down on my car, I was just thinking of how much I wanted to see Monkey-Butt and Stinky-Cheese.  I don't regret my decision for a moment.  My time was well spent last night, even if it was just helping them on the computer issue and getting nowhere. lol

This morning, I awoke to the sound of the wind howling.  While wind is generally a pain in the ass while riding a bike, unfortunately, in my neighborhood, it is also rather dangerous.  It can get very blustery, and with all of the huge fir trees, the risk of getting hit with fallen cones, limbs, and heaven forbid worse, are eminent.  Sadly, I have seen some pretty horrible accidents with very grim results due to the wind and trees around here. :(  It is enough to keep me on the trainer or riding in another area on days like these.

S-C will be 12 next month!
Needless to say, I spent a very LONG 2 hours and 45 minutes this morning on the trainer in my dining room. *groan* I still haven't gone back to Donnie to have my fit adjusted, so my right knee is still bothering me on the bike.  I should do it, but where is the time??

I feel like this weekend should belong to the boys...the boys and me.  We all played Magic the Gathering together.  I can't say that I totally get it, but Monkey-Butt is just tickled pink that I am playing with him, since Stinky-Cheese seems to have "grown out of it."  Stinky-Cheese was on my team so that he could help me learn.  I just love them.  I feel like time is just slipping by so quickly...  They are growing so fast...  M-B will be in high school next fall, and S-C in middle school!  I think I am starting to feel a little scared.  The reality that it won't be so long before I am an "empty-nester" is hitting me.  Then what??  WTF will I do then??  Who the heck am I without my sons?  I feel like I have been Mom since the day I was born...

I know that a lot of the reason that I started running and cycling was so that I would have something of my own.  I am very grateful for it too.  It is also something that I want my sons to see me do and be proud of me.  I want them to see that if you put your mind to something and work hard, you can achieve your goals, and do things that others never would have thought possible.











1 comment:

  1. I have to say. For me, this was your best post. It really hit home for me... thanks for writing it :)

    ReplyDelete