Thursday, March 22, 2012

Tri-Suits: Fashion AND Function Please?

Onto the topic of TRI-SUITS.

I need one.

Is there anything related to this IM that isn't going to cost me a fortune? I don't even know where to begin... I want something that is going to wear well, ie. not chafe, also something that will hopefully be reasonably kind to my "girl parts." I need breath-ability and support. I also want some pockets. I also want something that will make my ass look nice, because let's face it, there are going to be pictures of me in this thing for crying out loud! lol 2XU is a brand that I see a lot of people mention... More research must be done... Here are just 2 that I saw that I liked:


This is the one that I have decided is the "cutest." I have no idea how it rates functionality-wise. lol ($216)
Featuring Pearl Izumi's state-of-the-art In-R-Cool and aerodynamic fabric technology, the lightweight, friction-reducing Women's P.R.O. TRI Speed Suit gets you to the finish in record time.
  • P.R.O. Aero fabric with In-R-Cool provides optimal cooling, UV sun protection and aerodynamics
  • Direct-Vent panels dry fast and produce low wind and water drag
  • Integrated bra top offers maximum support
  • Flatlock seams
  • Streamlined welded hem for comfort
  • One back streamlined easy access envelope pocket
  • Tri quick-dry chamois
  • Sublimated graphics
  • 8" inseam (size medium)
2XU Woman's Elite Trisuit ($190)
Slice through the water in the most intelligently designed triathlon suit on the market.  Via premium gauge knit construction, an optimal balance between speed and breathability is achieved.  With X-Stretch back panel, seamless front and the silicone impregnated fast fibers of 2XU's new Hydrocell Nano and kinetic speed fabrics, the Elite Trisuit will feel effortless on any leg of the race.  SBR Fleece padding repels water to provide comfort on the bike while remaining discreet on the run.

1 comment: